DOOR MONITOR MODULE
The Door Monitor is a standalone application that is basically a minimized version of the System Overview screen. It can monitor up to 5 doors, displaying card events and matching person/group data. It is intended for use at doors where a guard may be sitting, actively monitoring who is coming and going. Installation and setup of the Door Monitor, for now, is a manual process.
For setups where a centralized BNS cannot retrieve/display card events fast enough, a “Dedicated BNS” may be set up on the guard’s local machine (in addition to the Door Monitor software). This is basically another full instance of BlueView software, with a local BNS running. Both the “Dedicated” machine and the main BlueView server need to have their BNS.exe.config files changed to specify which controllers the Dedicated BNS machine is managing (and therefore the main server should not attempt to directly communicate with). See “DedicatedToControllers” and “ControllersToIgnore” settings in BNS.exe.config. Eventually, these settings should be configurable by GUI and stored in the database rather than in the config file.
The DoorMonitor Tool is intended for Advanced Users. For assistance with install or setup, please contact BlueWave Technical Support. The DoorMonitor is compatible with BlueView versions 18 and above.
To Install on a machine with BlueView installed:
1. Unzip the file BlueView_DoorMonitor_v18.zip
2. Copy the DoorMonitor folder into the BlueView run directory, Typically: C:\Program Files\BlueView
3. Right-click the BlueView.DoorMonitor application, and select "Run as Administrator."
4. Log in with the same login that you use for BlueView
5. Click on the Settings button in the upper right-hand corner. Select up to 5 doors from the list of Available Doors on the left. Click the '>' to select the door(s) for display. Adjust any other settings, as desired. For the quickest refresh rate, set the Event Refresh Interval to 0 seconds. Click Save.
6. Right-click on the BlueView.DoorMonitor and select Create Shortcut to place a shortcut on your Desktop.
To install the DoorMonitor standalone:
Create a folder called BlueView under C:\Program Files, and copy the unzipped DoorMonitor folder into it.
Resulting folder tree: C:\Program Files\BlueView\DoorMonitor
Then, copy the DAL.config file from a BlueView Server or Client installation into the local DoorMonitor folder.
The DAL.config file tells the DoorMonitor software how to access the SQL Server database. It can be edited using the Database Configuration screen on a BlueView computer. We generally recommend using a SQL Login for ease of setup.
Copy from a BlueView computer:
To the Door Monitor computer:
DoorMonitor must be "Run As Administrator" any time the settings are changed, so that they can be saved to file.
- If the DoorMonitor is installed on a computer other than the computer running the SQL Server database, then the SQL database must be configured to allow remote access. For information on how to do this, check Configuring BlueView for Remote Access.
- To optimize the time between when a credential is presented at the door and when the event pops up in Door Monitor, we suggest setting the monitored door(s) as "Event Priority" doors in the BlueView Door Configuration screen. For best results, ONLY doors that are actively monitored should have Event Priority checked.
- Additional settings may need to be optimized for Bluelink Network Services. Contact BlueView Technical Support for assistance.